- Welcome to the best gaming pc builds for 2020, which are split into the most popular budgets and gaming performance categories that allow you to easily plan your next pc without the hassle of doing all of the research yourself.
- The following builds are based on popular performance benchmarks and are put together with both a specific budget in mind while using aiming for maximum gaming performance. What this means is maximum performance while trying to limit the fluff (ie. flashy hardware that is not needed). Should you have a more exorbitant budget, there are also hardware upgrades included in each of the pc budget categories.
- These gaming pc builds are updated every month this 2020 and profile the best gaming pc build hardware aimed at new pc builder and experienced builders alike.
1. CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700X
- The world’s most advanced processor in the desktop PC gaming segment
- Can deliver ultra-fast 100+ FPS performance in the world’s most popular games
8 Cores and 16 processing threads, bundled with the AMD
- Wraith Prism cooler with color-controlled LED support
4.4 GHz Max Boost, unlocked for overclocking, 36 MB of game Cache, DDR-3200 support
For the advanced socket AM4 platform, can support PCIe 4.0 on x570 motherboards
2. Cooler: Stock AMD Wraith Prism Cooler
- The Ryzen 3700X is an amazing CPU in so many ways, in that it doesn’t necessarily need to be overclocked and comes with a great Wraith Prism Cooler, this saves you with a little more cash for other upgrades! Plus it’s a good looking cooler for a stock cooler.
Motherboard: Asus AM4 TUF Gaming X570-Plus (Wi-Fi)Motherboard with PCIe 4.0, Dual M.2, 12+2 with Dr. MOS Power Stage, HDMI, DP, SATA 6Gb/s, USB 3.2 Gen 2 and Aura Sync RGB Lighting
*Note: Some types of motherboards have been low in stock, if the recommended board here is not in stock, try searching for alternative “X570 Motherboard” at a similar cost, these will be compatible with the Ryzen 7 3700X.
- AMD AM4 socket: Ready for 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen processors to maximize connectivity and speed with up to two M. 2 Drives, USB 3. 2 Gen2 and AMD StoreMI
- Enhanced power solution: military-grade TUF components, ProCool socket and Digi+ VRM for maximum durability
- Comprehensive Cooling: Active PCH heatsink, VRM heatsink, M. 2 heatsink, hybrid fan headers, and Fan Xpert
- Next-gen connectivity: Dual PCIe 4. 0 m. 2 and USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-A/Type-C. Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit
- Gaming Networking: Exclusive Realtek L8200A Gigabit Ethernet, Intel 2×2 802. 11ac Wi-Fi with MU-MIMO support, Bluetooth 5. 0, TUF LANGuard and technology
*If this motherboard is not available and the alternative could be:
Asus Prime X570-P Ryzen 3 AM4 with PCIe Gen4, Dual M.2 HDMI, SATA 6GB/s USB 3.2 Gen 2 ATX Motherboard.
4. Graphics Card: Asus GeForce RTX 2070 Super Overclocked 8G EVO GDDR6 Dual-Fan Edition VR Ready HDMI DisplayPort Gaming Graphics Card
- The RTX 2070 SUPER is a fantastic graphics card that provides great pc gaming performance at resolutions from 1080-, 1400p, and well into 4K should you want to. The 2070 SUPER is better than 2070, with a GeForce RTX 2080 sized cooler.
5. RAM: Crucial Ballistix 3600 MHz DDR4 DRAM Desktop Gaming Memory Kit 16GB
- 16GB of RAM is the perfect spot for any high-end gaming pc – included is a 16GB kit of Crucial Ballistix 3600Mhz Gaming Kit – the perfect speed of RAM for this build.
6. SSD: Crucial P1 500GB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe Internal SSD, up to 2000MB/s – CT500P1SSD8
The Crucial P1 NVMe SSD is a great value high performing storage devise that provides up to 2000MB/s in read times and 1700MB/s in write times.
7. Power Supply: EVGA 100-N1-0650-L1, 650 N1, 650W
- The sweet spot for this build is 650W of juice, and the the EVGA 650 N1 does the trick.
- 650 Watts is enough juice for this gaming pc build and this one comes in at a Gold Rated power efficiency and is partially modular (which in this case doesn’t matter at the non-modular cords need to be used).
8. PC Case: Phanteks Eclipse (PH-EC300PTG_BK) Steel ATX Mid Tower Tempered Glass Case
- Full Metal exterior design. Clean interior-PSU cover & HDDs. Tempered glass panel. Unique exterior design with integrated PSU cover
- Fully Equipped with Magnetic Dust filter. Long GPU (supports up to 15. 2in). Full Size PSU support. Equipped with 1x Phanteks 120mm fans. Front I/O (2x USB 3. 0, Headphone, Mic, LED control)
- RGB Power Light + Ambient Down Light (10 colors). Integrated RGB Illumination modes + sync with RGB motherboards/Phanteks RGB products
- High flow. 2x front loaded 3. 5″ Hdd. Supports up to 240/280mm radiator in front. 2x SSD mounting Location (1x included)
- Dimension: 200 mm x 450 mm x 400 mm/7. 8 in x 17. 7 in x 15. 7 in (WxHxD). Mid Tower. Motherboard Support: ATX, uATX, mITX, (E-ATX* – up to 275mm wide).